- Downey, D.; (2008) Whether Habsburgs or Bourbons: Irish alignmentsin the War of the Spanish Succession, 1713-1723¿. [Keynote Address], Ireland and the Iberian Atlantic World, mobility, participation and intercultural exchange (1580-1823), Ibero-American and Pablo de Olavide University School of, Seville , 30-OCT-08 – 01-NOV-08.
- Co-Organiser & Co-Director with Dr. Enrique García Hernán (Higher Council for Scientific Research, Madrid), and Dr. Igor Pérez Tostado Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Seville, ; (2008) The Second International Conference on Spanish-Irish relations Through The Ages and The Second Meeting of the Spanish Ministry of Science & Innovation¿s Project on the Social Identity and Integration of the Irish in Spain, 16-18 centuries, This major international collaboration was held as a joint-conference. [Conference Organising Committee Chairperson], Ireland and the Iberian Atlantic World, mobility, participation and intercultural exchange (1580-1823),0, Seville, School of Ibero-American Studies and Universidad Pablo de Olavide, , 30-OCT-08 – 01-NOV-08.
- Special Guest Speaker; (2008) Commanders and Courtiers. The Kerry Presence at the Viennese Court, 1700-1800, chaired by Dr. Kathleen Browne, President of the Society,. [Invited Lecture], Kerry Archaeological and Historical Society Nóirín Uí Shúilleabháin Memorial Lecture, National Library of Ireland, Kildare Street, Dublin , 07-APR-08 – 07-APR-08.
- Invited Speaker; (2007) Irish statesmen and diplomats the service of Spanish Flanders: two case studies, Florence Conry and Patrick McNenny, chaired by Dr. Pádraig Conway, UCD Vice President for University Relations,. [Invited Lecture], First Summer School Michael Clarke,, Irish College of St. Anthony, Leuven , 04-MAY-07 – 05-MAY-07.
- Invited Keynote Speaker; (2007) Does Dinguel Santiago ¿: Kerry¿s Spanish Enclave, c.1200-1600,. [Keynote Address],Symposium on the eve of the revival of the medieval sea-route pilgrimage in the Jeanie Johnson0 from Dingle to Santiago de Compostella,, The Hermitage , Dingle-Dingle, , 28-APR-07 – 29-APR-07.
- Keynote Speaker; (2007) The role of Lisbon in the Nine Years War and the Flight of the Earls. [Keynote Address],Symposium on the Flight of the Earls, chaired by H.E. the Irish Ambassador to Portugal, Mr. James Brennan,, Teatro São Luis, Lisbon , 21-OCT-07 – 21-OCT-07.
- Declan Downey; (1996) The Crisis in Christianity, 1450-1600. Dublin: National Distance Education Council.
- Declan M. Downey; (2009) ‘Between Scylla and Charybdis:The Knights of Glin and their Habsburg and Stuart Associations, 1600-1700′ In: Tom Donovan (eds). The Knights of Glin. Seven Centuries of Change. Glin, County Limerick: Glin Historical Association.
- Declan M. Downey; (2009) ‘Archbishop Matteo de Oviedo of Dublin’ In: James I. McGuire (eds). Dictionary of Irish Biography. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy.
- Declan M. Downey; (2010) ‘Whether Habsburgs or Bourbons: Some Reflections on the alignments of Nobles of Irish Origin in the War of the Spanish Succession, 1713-1723′ In: Hernán García, Harry & Pérez Tostado, Igor (eds). Ireland and the Iberian Atlantic, Mobility, participation and cultural exchange (1580-1823). Valencia: Albatros.
- Declan M. Downey (2012) ‘Seigneurialism and Strategy. The political gravitation of the earls of Desmond and Irish nobles towards the early Habsburg monarchy, 1528-1604′ In: The. Recio Morales & E García Hernán (eds). Nation networks and spaces of power: the Irish community in Spain and Spanish America, 1600-1825. Valencia: Albatros Ediciones.
- Declan M. Downey; (2008) ‘‘A Salamancan who evaded the Inquisition: Florence Conry, pro-Habsburg archbishop, theologian & diplomat’’ In: Spanish-Irish Relations through the ages. Dublin: Four Courts Press.
- Declan M. Downey; (2007) ‘‘Catholicism, Milesianism and Monarchism: The facilitators of Irish Identification with Habsburg Spain’’ In: Foreigners in the Army. Irish Military Spanish society, 1580-1818, (Eds.), E García Hernán & Ó. Recio Morales. Madrid: Ministry of Defence.
- D.M. Downey & J.Crespo MacLennan (Ed). (2008) Spanish-Irish Relations Through the Ages. Dublin: Four Courts Press.
- Declan M. Downey (2011) Accommodations with the Protestant State & Church: A comparative study of respective Dutch & Irish Catholic Experiences¿ . In: J. Bergin, And. Magennis, The. There Mhunghaile & P. A. Walsh eds. Eighteenth Century Ireland Special Edition on The Penal Laws.
- Declan Downey; (1998) 'A Perspective on Irish Peace of Westphalia. Guest Lectures
- Declan Downey; (1999) 'The Irish nobility in the Habsburg service’. Guest Lectures
- Declan Downey; (2000) Chinoiserie and the Western Fascination with China. Guest Lectures
- Declan Downey; (2001) Assimilation and Advancement of Irish émigrés in Spanish Society since 1602. Guest Lectures
- Declan Downey; (2001) The Irish in the Habsburg Monarquía : Spain and The Netherlands. Guest Lectures
- Declan Downey; (2001) An overview of Irish émigrés on the Continent since 1590. Guest Lectures
- Downey, D.; (2012) Website Database for Research on Irish Émigrés in Europe c. 1600-1900. Electronic Publication
- Declan Downey; (1998) The first Reich as a precursor to the European Union. Seminar
- Declan Downey; (1998) Philip II and offering Irish sovereignty. Seminar
- Declan Downey; (1998) Purity of Blood and Purity of Faith. A Continental Catholic Mentality among the Early Modern Irish’. Seminar
- Downey, D.; (2002) La Batalla de Kinsale. Madrid: CD
- (Eds.) Ciaran Brady, David Dickson, Declan M. Downey, Enrique García Hernán & Oscar Recio Morales,; (2007) \i The Irish Presence in the armies of the Spanish monarchy, 1580-1818,0. Madrid: CD
- Declan M. Downey (2009) Foreward to E García Hernán, Ireland and Spain in the Reign of Philip II, (Four Courts Press, Dublin, 2009).
Invited review articles
- Declan M. Downey (1999) Review of Alison Forrestal, Catholic Synods in Ireland, 1600-1690, (Four Courts Press, Dublin, Pp.224), in Irish Historical Studies, Flight. XXXI, No.124, (November, 1999), pp. 566-568. Invited Review Articles.
- Declan M. Downey (1999) Review of Patricia O¿Connell, The Irish College of Alcalá de Henares, 1649-1785, (Four Courts Press, Dublin, 1997, Pp.128), in Irish Historical Studies, Flight. XXXI, No.124, (November, 1999), pp.568-569. Invited Review Articles
- Declan M. Downey (2005) Review of Vincent Carey, Surviving the Tudors. The ¿Wizard¿ Earl of Kildare and English Rule in Ireland, 1537-1586,Pp. 240, (Four Courts Press, 2002), in Irish Historical Studies, Flight. XXXIV, Not. 135, (May, 2005), pp.342-344. Invited Review Articles
- Declan M. Downey (2011) Review of Igor Pérez Tostado, Irish Influence at the Court of Spain in the seventeenth century, in Irish Economic and Social History, (The Journal of the Economic and Social History of Ireland), Flight. XXXVIII, (2011), pp.162-164. Invited Review Articles